Do you know Vienna? I’ve just spent a few days in the Austrian capital. I walked in the footsteps of Empress Sisi and Crown Prince Rudolf, and I admired the fabulous palaces and magnificent gardens. I also had the good luck to see Madame Butterfly at the Vienna State Opera. In Vienna, the grand story of Europe is still ever-present in the 21st century.
If you’re planning a romantic/cultural getaway in the Austrian capital and you’re looking for excellence, I’d like to share with you my fabulous experience at the Ritz-Carlton Vienna. I set myself the challenge (and it wasn’t a hard one) of giving you 10 good reasons to stay there.
Why choose the Ritz-Carlton Vienna?
1. The rooms are spacious, and they have balconies and views over the city roofscape. From the moment you wake up, you find yourself inside the kind of Instagram photo that sets you dreaming!
2. The à la carte menu for the breakfast buffet includes various “healthy eating” and/or gourmet options.
3. The hotel is in the heart of the city, just a few minutes on foot from the must-see places.
4. The staff are welcoming and professional. I spend my life in hotels, and I was impressed by the quality of the welcome that I got, and by the commitment shown by every member of the team in getting ready for my stay.
5. Dinner at the hotel’s Dstrikt Steakhouse is an experience all on its own, with exceptional decor, sophisticated dishes, and a level of service that reflects its high standing. It’s an unforgettable dining experience.
6. The bathroom will delight anybody who loves marble or design.
7. The Club Lounge could be described as a hotel within a hotel, offering private registration and a customised experience arranged by a dedicated concierge. You can enjoy foodie pleasures and drinks all day.
8. The Spa offers treatments with organic cosmetics from Susanne Kaufmann; the natural products you love.
9. The top-quality bed linen will give you nights of restful sleep.
10. And finally, the hotel is located in a historic 19th century palace, adding to the dream.